The purpose of this research study is to evaluate the safety of Fostamatinib in hospitalized patients with COVID-19. This is a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial. Patients will be given Fostamatinib for two weeks, beginning while they are in the hospital and will complete the course at home if discharged prior to the end of the 14 days. Patients will receive study follow up in person or via telephone after discharge at the National Institute of Health. Participation in the study is 60 days from the date of enrollment.
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Rd.
Falls Church, VA 22042
Steven Nathan, MD
- Hospitalized and requiring oxygen at the time of enrollment
- At least 18 years old
- Positive COVID-19 test within 7 days
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Decreased Kidney Function
- Known allergy to study medication
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Certain types of infections
- Certain medications
- Live vaccine within 4 weeks