Why Choose Inova?
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is situated in the heart of Northern Virginia, a rapidly growing community with a population of 2 million and counting. A short distance from the Nation’s capital and 10 minutes from a Metro station, the hospital is a quick ride to the Mall and U.S. Capitol, with year-round access to the Smithsonian museums, the National Gallery, the U.S. Botanical gardens, the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts, as well as numerous restaurants, parks and festivals.
- Professional hometown sports teams include the Ravens, Capitals, Wizards, Nationals and D.C. United.
- Beaches, mountains, bike trails and more are all nearby, providing wonderful access to outdoor recreation for anyone who enjoys hiking, biking, rafting or just relaxing outside.
- Three major airports are all within an hour's drive: Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA, 15 miles), Dulles International Airport (IAD, 19 miles), and Thurgood Marshall Baltimore / Washington International Airport (BWI, 49 miles).
- The high-tech industry is well established along the Dulles Corridor between Washington, DC, and Dulles International Airport. In addition, Fairfax County has one of the best public school systems in the country. All of this has lead to an influx of professionals and a higher standard of living for those who make this area their home.
Northern Virginia - Local Info & Highlights
Northern Virginia is home to many cultures and just as many fantastic ethnic and regional restaurants (in addition to all the casual and sophisticated American restaurants you'd expect in a major metropolitan area). Article: Northern Virginia Magazine - 50 Best Restaurants
Just three minutes down the road from our campus is the lively new Merrifield Mosaic District, a modern town center with a Target, Mom's Organic Market, a large variety of casual and sit-down restaurants and boutiques, and an outdoor lawn for relaxing and watching movies under the stars hosted by the Angelika film center.
Need we say more? Our nation's capital is teeming with cultural and social opportunities like nowhere else – and we're right in its backyard. Check out the Washington Post's extensive visitor's guide, start exploring, and you'll be calling yourself a local in no time.