Inova EAP Support
Inova Employee Assistance offers counseling, Work Life services, help locating such resources as child, elder or pet care, and help improving your overall health and well-being.
CARE Peer Support Information
How do I access a Care Peer Supporter?
Peer Supporters are available in many departments. If you are new to your department, talk with your manager to learn more about your team’s support and contacts. Look for the green badge worn by these trained supporters.
Learn More about the CARE Peer Support Network
Mental Health Tools
- Online Recorded Seminar: Keep Calm and Carry on – Maintaining Your Composure Amidst The Pandemic Panic
- Article: Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreak; Before and During a Pandemic
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) is a group process that generally includes the impacted individuals and a trained professional whose responsibility is help the individuals understand their emotional reactions, validates their responses and provide tools and resources for stress management. The debriefing is not group therapy but rather is a process that enables the individuals to reflect on the traumatic events and its effects on the individuals. The debriefing provides psycho-education, promotes resiliency and recovery from high levels of stress and/or trauma situations.Onsite, live video group intervention, or referrals to individual counseling following a critical incident.
- Call 1-800-346-0110 for consult.
Free Mental Health Counseling
- 24/7 mental health counseling
- 4 free sessions
- Call 1-800-346-0110 or connect with us through the iConnect You mobile app: Passcode: 53062
Healing Health Resources
- Healing Health is the producer of the C.A.R.E Channel relaxation programing for patients that has been used at IFMC for years. The free resources offered now are intended also for healthcare providers. Access Resources
Inova Well 9-Minute Body Scan Meditation
- Body scan meditation is a good way for people to release tension they don’t even realize they’re experiencing. Body scanning involves paying attention to parts of the body and bodily sensations in a gradual sweeping of attention through the body from feet to head. Watch Now
Introduction to HeartMath
- HeartMath is a system of simple and powerful self-regulation breathing techniques which are easy to learn and designed to be used “in the moment,” whatever the situation, to self-regulate your emotions and behaviors to reduce stress, increase resilience, and unlock your natural intuitive guidance for making more effective choices. This enables individuals to break through to greater levels of personal balance, creativity, insight and health. Watch Now
Mental Health Hospital Call-In Phone Line
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital Care Guides Phone Line - call during times of distress or for support:
- 703-728-9084 (x 443)
Mindful Monday Email from Life with Cancer
- Mindful Monday emails will be sent to you weekly via the oncology service line list serve. Email email@example.com to sign up.
- This session explores the basic principles of mindfulness and discusses the positive impact it has in different aspects of one's life. It also gives participants some basic mindfulness techniques that they can start adopting immediately in their everyday activities, as well as some exercises that they can start using. Learn More
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
- Offering 6 free telephonic sessions or 10 minute live Mindfulness sessions.
- Call 1-800-346-0110 for consult or login into www.inova.org/eap: Username: Inova | Password: EAP
My Next 90 Challenge
- For the next 3 months we commit to living intentionally. Making small changes to form lasting lifestyle habits. Check out the MyNext90 to stay on track with your goals and staying well! Download the flier
Nurses' Week | Pressing Pause: A Bold Approach to Building Resilience, Endurance and Energy
- As part of Inova's belated Nurses' Week Celebration, Nicholas Beamon of One Team Leadership hosted an inspirational webinar titled “Pressing Pause: A Bold Approach to Building Resilience, Endurance, and Energy.” Watch the webinar recording
A Personal Guide to Building Resiliency and Coping with Change
- It's not what happens to us but how we respond to what is happening to us. This seminar will empower you to become more resilient. Watch This Online Recorded Seminar
Positive Affirmations to Start Your Week or Day
- Positive affirmation or positive self-talk can benefit not only yourself but also other people that you interact with. Affirmation is the shifting of thoughts resulting from negative to a more positive note. Positive affirmation brings to life a person’s capabilities, strengths, talents, and skills. Constantly repeating the things that you are capable of doing and forgetting hesitant feelings that usually hinder you from pursuing a particular goal can help a lot in achieving a positive more resilient result. Watch Now
Stress Reduction Breathing Tool | My 60 Seconds
- My 60 Seconds, created by our very own Dr. Kanhan Anand from IMVH, is being used by nurses during huddles. My 60 Seconds
Team Leader Support
- We understand that these are stressful times for each of us and our staff. We have developed a set of guidelines to help you respond to your staff’s concerns. Don’t underestimate how important you are to your team. Encouraging sharing among the team, providing reliable information about the pandemic, being a good listener, and serving as a role model are the incredibly powerful tools at your disposal. Download Team Leader Support
Understanding Resilience Seminar
- When you are resilient, you are able to adjust quickly to new conditions, change your personal direction if required, and incorporate every life event more smoothly into your life. This online session will help participants understand what being resilient entails. Learn More
Virtual Reality Stories
- Enjoy this link from Healium with stress-relief and mindful stories for all team members and their families. These stories can be played online, either at home or at work for a moment of pause. Watch Now
Coping Strategies for a Holiday Season During COVID-19
Planning ahead with coping techniques can help manage stress levels and expectations for the holiday season. In this workshop, we will discuss ways to manage these concerns and share information you can use at work and at home. Hear from Inova Schar Cancer Institute oncology therapist David McGinness, LCSW, OSW-C and gain information and resources to enjoy. cope and stay safe.
Replay and participate in this webinar
Red Flags in My Mental Health – When Should I Reach Out for Help?
Recognizing the signs of when we are under deeper distress an distinguishing it from trauma is important to overall resilience in life. Asking for help when we need it helps us maintain our mental, emotional, spiritual and physical well-being and safety. In this webinar, Jessie Joachim, PC, NCC, CEAP, SAP, Account Manager, Inova Employee Assistance helps us t concerns and learn when to know to seek professional help so that we can maintain our mental, emotional, spiritual and physical well-being.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: pzA4K#0J
Coping with the Stress and Strain of Educating Your Child (Tele-learning) from Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Students in K-12 education and their families have had to migrate from the classroom-in-the-school to tele-learning at home, often in an environment with other student learners or remote working parents. Tom Giroux, PhD, Program Manager of Psychological Services, Inova Kellar Center, Inova Behavioral Health Services provides tips to help you to help your child get the most from tele-learning and ideas on how to best communicate with school officials and keep up with changing policies.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 7GveUt1*
Caring for Perinatal Women and Families During COVID-19
For perinatal women, it can be a time of feeling more vulnerable or feeling increased anxiety as a result of COVID-19. Mara Watts, MA, MEd, Director of Outreach and Education at Postpartum Support Virginia and Inova liaison will share questions you can ask your provider if you are concerned about COVID-19’s effect on perinatal women as well as • ways to distinguish between general anxiety and a health condition such as perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs), perinatal OCD or psychosis as well as a framework to build resiliency.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: mP@tsT&0
Art Therapy During the Time of COVID-19
Marie Nakhoul, MD, a certified art therapy coach will discuss art therapy, what it is and is not and how it help link the mind and body to bring balance and prevent burn out. She share how it helps participants focus on emotions, the unconscious, and thoughts that are difficult to verbalize to improve health and well-being.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: N#9%ZPXT
Intimacy, Closeness and Relationships with the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
Are your relationships in lock down? How do you stay connected and maintain intimacy safely during COVID-19? Sage Bolte, PhD, Chief Philanthropy Officer and President, Inova Health Foundation, and Jennifer Bires, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C, Executive Director of Life with Cancer and Patient Experience, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, on fostering intimacy, closeness and relationships during the COVID-19 pandemic and tips to maintain connection.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: $g!Z3K@z
Creating Your Own Self-Care Plan and Protecting Yourself from Burnout during COVID-19
You hear this all the time: take care of yourself. Putting ourselves first when it comes to self-care is important before taking care of those around us. Deborah Kim, MPH, CHC, Inova Well, ACE-Certified Health Coach will speak on self-care and help guide listeners to create their own self-care plan centered on personal priorities and identify what five senses keep you alert. Having a self-care plan helps to avoid burnout and offset stress because you can focus more on being ‘up’ and optimistic for yourself and those around you.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 8Y^712@6
Nourish and Move to Stay Well throughout COVID-19
This a virtual workshop covers the tools for eating well and staying active with presenter Kelsey Coates, BS, CHC, Health Coaching Program Manager with Inova Well. She will lead an interactive discussion on optimizing your nutrition with quick and healthy meals that can be served to a family or for a single person after work.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 6M&0q34#
HeartMath® and How Practice Can Help Reduce Inner Stress Heightened by COVID-19
Steph Herbert, Director, Inova Well and Certified HeartMath Trainer will present on HeartMath® which is an officially validated system of breathing techniques to maintain “coherent,” or stable, heart rhythms that positively impact cognitive function and help regulate stress. HeartMath offers easy-to-learn breathing techniques designed to be used “in the moment,” whatever the situation, to self-regulate our own emotions and behaviors.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 7P*EJH63
Coping with COVID-19: What Can Ergonomics Offer?
Shannon DelBorrello, MS, CHC, Inova Well, Program Health Coach. She will discuss ergonomic strategies for our clinical team members working on their feet at a nurse’s station, as well as for those working from home in a day of back-to-back Zoom meetings by computer or mobile screen. Come away with easy-to-implement tips to keep our bodies fluid in the new normal of changing work and home conditions and routines as a result of COVID-19.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 6E=5XS#7
COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control in a Clinical Setting, Home and Staying Protected
David Wheeler, MD is an infectious disease specialist affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital will present on exposure risk assessment and management in the context of the COVID-19 virus to help us better understand the disease, its transmission, and treatments that Inova is currently using to care for patients as well as the dual risk to healthcare workers at work, to their families outside of work, and measures to reduce this risk.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 2n*66@02
The Kids are Gonna be Alright… Right?? Helping Children Cope during COVID-19
Amanda L. Thompson, PhD will discuss and provide parents with practical strategies to help promote their child’s positive coping directed as a of result changing routines, quarantine and social distancing precautions, ongoing uncertainty, and the loss of special events and previously held plans and how to engage on topics and facilitate meaningful family and peer connections.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter password: 5q#9!3n6
Managing Anxiety During COVID-19
This workshop will discuss a check-in system to identify your needs, monitoring your mood, and coping tips, presented by Rachel Noble, MS, LPC, Mental Healthcare Provider.
Participate in this webinar | Enter Password: 0e^833k%
Need Sleep? Interventions for Healthful Sleep
Hear Darah Curran, LCSW, OSW-C, remind us about the need for quality sleep and impact when stress from situational anxiety such as COVID-19 robs us of it. Learn tools to get back to sleep.
Replay and participate in this webinar | Enter Password: 8u.27431
Compassion Cultivation eWorkshop for Healthcare Workers
In this workshop, discussed is the topic of “compassion cultivation,” as presented by Dr. Lolak. Research shows that self-compassion skills can be of particular benefit to health care professionals, allowing them to experience greater satisfaction in their caregiving roles, less stress, and more emotional strength. Receive strategies to practice compassion cultivation for ourselves and others.
Workplace Violence Prevention Toolkit
If you have questions about workplace violence, please reach out to your leader or the appropriate department: security, team member health or human resources, depending on the situation.
Download the Workplace Violence Toolkit